I was invited me to participate in the “8 things you didn’t know about me” party by Shiv. Thank
you! The rules are fairly straightforward – 1. Link to your tagger and
post these rules. 2. List EIGHT random facts about yourself. 3. Tag
EIGHT people at the end of your post and list their names. 4. Let them
know they’ve been tagged.
So here goes – first the eight random facts about me.
1. I am absolutely scared of Lasik. I have made 3 appointments and gotten cold feet EACH time. I only have slight problem in my left eye, so its not a big deal, but Lasik scares the hell out of me.
2. I dropped out of the MBA program at Berkeley in 1997. Not one of my proudest moments, so I rarely bring it up. I was working for Cisco then and the trek up to Berkeley from San Jose was horrible. Added to the fact that I felt invincible with Cisco’s stock splitting twice each year. One of the dumbest moves that I ever did.
3. I have an outline for a book for 6+ years that I have always wanted to write, but never got around to it. Its fiction, about the politics in the Indian subcontinent.
4. I learned and played violin for 6+ years. Indian classical. Enjoyed it a lot and am picking it up back again after 15 years.
5. During my undergraduate days in India, I actually sported very long hair (Trust me, you look at me now I am sure you wont believe it).
6. I hate myself for this, but I prefer my Blackberry to the iPhone. (No flames please). I find the iPhone cool, but its useless for me without the keyboard since I live on text messaging and IM.
7. I am a huge fan of John Stewart. The ONLY reason we have cable is his show. The last 2 months, I have turned off cable since I dont watch anything else on TV.
8. You can drag me into anything if you make it competitive. I hate taking photos, but since my sister made it a competitive thing, I am taking more photos, if only to beat her at it.