WSJ has a multi-author piece on tips to leverage Web 2.0. They have interviewed about 30 executives and managers to gain the following insights:
1. Don’t just talk at consumers — work with them throughout the marketing process.
2. Give consumers a reason to participate.
3. Listen to — and join — the conversation outside your site.
4. Resist the temptation to sell, sell, sell.
5. Don’t control, let it go.
6. Find a ‘marketing technopologist.’
7. Embrace experimentation.
Interesting overall, but mostly 101 stuff for experienced folks. The trend to capitalize on is that the suits are now beginning to talk about it, so maybe we can gather that Web 2.0 is now arriving to the mainstream. Ironic that many have declared it over in the Valley.