Predicting the news is rather hard. There are many things you dont even know about or can anticipate, but not with all news related to Apple. Given the over 12,000 blog posts devoted to Apple over the last year from The Verge, Mac Rumors, 9to5 Mac, EnGadget, Business Insider and many others, it is easy to put together a list of potential headlines that you can anticipate with some level of confidence.
For every angle of the news of the Apple watch there are 2 possible outcomes, the good outcome, the bad outcome. It is more likely that the average outcome is what happens, but with Apple fans it is not at all hard to be confident that every average outcome is re purposed as a feature and not a bug. Case in point: The iPhone 4 dropped calls and users were blamed for “holding it wrong“.
So lets do a thought experiment and put the various possible headlines.
- Apple confirms over 1 million watches sold as pre-orders exceed expectations (MacRumors)
- Here are the only 5 Apple stores still left where you can get appointments for your Apple Watch (Business Insider)
- Apple analyst says his checks indicate that demand for the Apple Watch is off the charts (VentureBeat)
- Hands on with 15 different Apple watches and straps (Video) – The Verge
- Which Apple watch should you buy (we have tried them all) – Mashable
- Apple watch tear down reveals 78% margins and $102 is the BOM cost – iFixit
- Apple watch reservations are being auctioned on eBay for $25 to $50 – Tech Crunch
- The genius move by Apple to force reservations and create artificial demand – Jon Gurber
- Apple has sold more watches in 1 week than Android Wear for the entire year – enGadget
- Apple has significant supply chain problems, which is creating artificial demand for reservations – ReCode
- Here is the list of top 100 celebrities who have bought the Apple Watch (with photos) – Business Insider
- What happens when I strapped my Apple watch on my cat and left it for a day – Apple insider
- Apple watch straps cause rashes on your wrist – Mac forums are full of people complaining about it – Mashable
- The 50 unintended uses of Apple watch that I never expected – Apple fanboy
- How we jailbroke the Apple watch to work with Android KitKat – Android Central
- The expected lift from Apple watch to Q3 revenues for the company- Benedict Evans
- Apple watch disrupts the iPad and Telecom carriers voice plans – Asymco
- Apple watch gets poor reviews from early users causing oversupply – Business Journals
- Apple watch oversold and the reviews pouring in are overwhelmingly positive – San Jose Mercury News
- New blog showing celebrities sporting their Apple Watch goes viral – Huffington post
- Watch demand in China over strips supply as Apple reroutes orders from Europe – ZdNet
- Notifications are overdone say users as many turn off apps on the watch – ComputerWorld
- How many people bought the $10K Apple watch on Wall Street – We have the answer – Business Insider
- 10 things you never knew you could do with your Apple watch – MacRumors
- Apple stock hits an all time high as watch users drive sales – CNBC
For each and every one of these headlines the opposite can also be true. Which means we don’t quite know if it will do well or not, but if you are a editor at one of these publications, I’d totally steal these headlines and start writing copy to beat the others.