These are a collection of quotes and mentions that I have gathered over the years that I believe.
1. “If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine.” — Jim Barksdale
2. “Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up, it knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn’t matter whether you’re the lion or a gazelle-when the sun comes up, you’d better be running.” Christopher McDougall, Born to Run
3. “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”, Maya Angelou
5. “Funding does not guarantee success but success guarantees funding”.
6. “If you tell the truth you dont have to remember anything” – Mark Twain
7. “Be the change you wish to see in the world”, Mahatma Gandhi
8. “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now”, Chinese proverb
9. “Frugality is the mother of prosperity” – Hindu saying
10.”It does not matter whether a cat is black or white, as long as it catches mice” Deng Xiaoping
11. “I am as proud of the things we haven’t done as the things I have”, Steve Jobs
12. “The darkest hour is just before dawn”, English ballad
13. “Odds are, nothing your V.C. does, no matter how helpful or well-intentioned, is going to tip the balance between success and failure.” Marc Andreessen
14. “Be so good, they can’t ignore you”. Steve Martin
15. “To whom much is given much is expected”. Luke 12.48
16. “The mind is everything. What you think, you become”. Gautham Buddha.
17. “Shoot for the moon and if you miss you will still be among the stars”. Les Brown
18. “There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting”. Gautham Buddha
19. “People who say it cannot be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it”. George Bernard Shaw